October 22, 2012

Crock Pot Potatoes and Sausage

I found a few recipes for things like this on Pinterest but I decided to jump in head first and try it out myself.



  • 4 large white potatoes (any kind would work)
  • 2 cups of green beans (I prefer fresh)
  • 2 packages of Lil Smokies (you can use any sausage, keilbasa or Polish would be great)
  • 2-3 tablespoons of minced garlic
  • 1 tabelspoon dried parsley
  • about a cup of water, just to keep it steamy in the crock pot and not get dried out
  • salt and pepper to taste
I cut the potatoes into chunks with the peelings on (up to you), chopped the green beans into more bit size pieces and dumped everything in. I always start my crock pot on high just to get it going, maybe 30 minutes then switch it to low. This cooked maybe 6 hours and was perfect. The potatoes just need to be cooked through and I like mine pretty soft, so it may not take as long for you. 
Hubs felt like there was something missing from this (like BBQ sauce, so he put it on it himself) but I loved it! It was easy and hearty. Depending on the sausage you use, watch the salt that you add. I didn't need to add any because the Lil Smokies are pretty salty. I will definitely be making this again!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...