April 23, 2012

5-5-5: Week 3

Last week my to-do list was quite long. And like Courtney, it was a little overwhelming. I remember in all my reading of wise counsel, somewhere along the way I read about a Six List. Write down six things to do each day. Maybe I'll start doing that.
Going back to my goal for week one, I am still sticking with the Weight Watchers and drinking more water. Today was tough because we had a potluck with our small group at church. But I think because I was good the rest of this week that it was okay for a little freedom today. {I am down 1.2 pounds this week!}
This week's challenge is another great one that I will be committing to:
Week 3′s Challenge: (pasted from Women Living Well)
Purpose to not read ANYTHING else before you have read God’s word for at least 1 minute in the morning Do not read the newspaper, facebook, a spiritual devotional  or check your email.  Go straight to God’s word first.  And in case you think 1 minute seems a bit stingy with our time – I want to suggest – that once you get started most likely you will go for much longer than 1 minute.  But I want this to be doable.  After reading your Bible, I encourage you to leave your Bible in the kitchen open and everytime you walk past it, pause to read it for 15 seconds and then go on.  Squeeze all the nourishment you can out of the scriptures you are reading. 
I think this is a great discipline and I am praying it helps me this week!
Here are the last two week's posts, in case you missed them.
Week 2
Week 1

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...